It was a cold and stormy winter at my place. One of the pipes froze — ironically, a hot water pipe, but that tells you how cold it was. The power was out for four days. The well broke. When it was all over, I noticed that my file cabinet also got wet.
March 05, 2014
I have written in general terms about the way clutter can be a fire risk, but here is a true-life story from today’s news that shows the inconvenience of clutter in a form most people wouldn’t think of.
From a Telegraph & Argus story:
Firefighters spent almost 14 hours at the scene of a house blaze because there was so much clutter in the property they could not tell if anyone was trapped inside.